Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Life always gets in the way....

As is the story of my life, money creates problems.

I have been going back and forth about homeschooling the boys since April.

I finally made the decision to do it. With much excitement, I started piecing   together our curriculum. Some from eBay, some downloaded and printed off. I follow a ton of blogs and got so many great ideas. I've bought storage containers, markers, whiteboards, folders. 

Then my husband and I started talking money. We made a budget. We realized we can't do it without my income. And even then we would be scraping by. 

So I put an ad on Craigslist for babysitting. I got a couple emails. After hearing my prices they find someone else cheaper. I can't lower my prices unless I take in more kids. I can't take in more kids and realistically give my kids the one on one attention I want to give. 

So now it feels like the decision to homeschool has been ripped out from under me. Both the boys are so excited to homeschool. They did well in PS but it definitely is not where we want to be. 

I am putting my trust in God's decision and I know he will provide us what we need if we are meant to homeschool. But sometimes what we think is best and what is God's will are different so we will have to see how this plans out. 

But I am definitely preparing my boys for the possibility of going back to school in a month. And I am secretly sad that I may not be getting the chance to do this because of money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment